Benefits of Stopping Smoking Infographic
1 CommentMonday, 12 February 2018 | Alex
Are you thinking of stopping smoking? Good for you! Deciding to stop smoking is the first step towards improving your health. Though the path of stopping smoking is a difficult one to tread, it is one that has many benefits not only for your health but for your general quality of life as well.
Here at Health and Care, we've teamed up with our friends at Direct Line to bring you a little bit of motivation towards quitting cigarettes:
Life Gets Better When You Stop Smoking
Stopping smoking? Good for you! Better things are coming your way!
- Kiss with confidence: No need to worry about smelly cigarette breath – voted the number one turn off on a first date in a national newspaper survey.
- Glowing, younger-looking skin: Yes, it sounds like a make-up advert but it's true. Smoking ages the skin, making it look dull with more wrinkles.
- Coughs and sneezes: You should be able to fight off coughs and colds more easily. Smoking also weakens the muscles at the top of your stomach so if you get heartburn a lot, you may find that gets better too.
- Finger lickin' good: No more nicotine-stained fingers. Or teeth for that matter! Why not book yourself a manicure with all the money you're saving by not buying tobacco?
- Energy: All that smoking has been clogging your arteries and starving your blood of oxygen. Get your fresher blood cells pumping and find out how much easier life becomes. You may even join a gym or take up a sport with your new-found vigour.
- No more standing around in the rain: Ok that may still happen – but we mean you won't have to leave every venue to stand outside shivering for 10 minutes a time to feed your habit, while everyone else is inside having a good time.
- Money, money, money: It's a rich man's world when you're not shelling out for tobacco. Now you're saving all that money, why not treat yourself. If you've kicked the habit, you deserve it.
And don't forget about the serious stuff too!
- Your risk of developing lung cancer drops as soon as you stop smoking.
- After 15 years of not smoking your risk of developing heart disease is the same as someone who has never smoked.
Yes the road to quitting smoking can be long, but it's worth taking for the positive effects it will have on your life.
Tags: Electronic Cigarettes, Smoking Alternatives