A Guide to Corded Amplified Telephones
2 CommentsMonday, 21 April 2014 | Paul
This quick and simple guide will help you to find the right corded amplified telephone for you by highlighting the key features of each phone. If you require any further help with choosing your phone please feel free to call our experienced customer care team on 0207 931 8766.
What to look for:
- Emergency memory locations – Allows the user to call pre-saved numbers at the touch of a button
- Tone control – Ideal for those with high and low frequency hearing loss as certain sounds can often be difficult to distinguish over the telephone.
- Ringer and Receiver volumes - You can tell the volume can go from the decibel rating – bear in mind that normal telephones have an incoming volume of approximately 8db to 10db
- Visual ring indicator – Ideal for people who struggle to hear the phone ringing
- ‘Photo Phones’ – Designed especially for those with memory problems or very limited dexterity, allow you to program numbers for special buttons which you can insert a picture of a person into.