Medi Genumedi PT Knee Support
The Medi Genumedi PT Knee Support provides effective pain relief by compressing and stabilizing the knee whilst also boasting superior comfort and massage properties.
The Medi Genumedi PT Knee Support has a precisely positioned silicone ring that surrounds the patella which is laterally reinforced (on the outside of the knee) by the patella tension strap to give superior support and stability. This also promotes the correct sliding action and alleviates patellar tilt ensuring enhanced stability.
The Medi Genumedi PT Knee Support offers stabilization of the knee-cap whilst simultaneously massaging the thigh muscles which guarantee enhanced comfort. The massage pads stimulate and relax the inner and outer anterior thigh muscles. This promotes balance between the different muscles and helps maintain everyday stability. The Medi Genumedi PT Knee Support is invisible under clothes, featuring comfortable compression knit fabric with an ultra-smooth finish, plus breathable, skin-friendly materials ensure optimum comfort in cases of patellofemoral pain syndrome and patella lateralisation.
Features of the Medi Genumedi PT Knee Support
The Medi Genumedi PT Knee Support has the following features:
- Superior compression knit design supports and enhances knee joint stability
- Massage pads stimulate and relax the inner and outer anterior thigh muscles
- Invisible under clothes
- Ultra-smooth finish and breathable, skin-friendly material for optimum comfort
- Precisely positioned silicone ring which surrounds the patella
- Laterally reinforced patella tension strap
Indications for Use of the Medi Genumedi PT Knee Support
The Medi Genumedi PT Knee Support is suitable for the following:
- Patellofemoral pain syndrome
- Improper positioning or improper control of the kneecap
- Hypermobile kneecap
- Instability of the kneecap
- 2nd phase after kneecap stabilisation surgery
- Damage to the bone cartilage junction
- Cartilage damage
- Insertiontendopathy / tendopathy of the muscle tension apparatus
- Plica syndrome
Sizing of the Medi Genumedi PT Knee Support
The Medi Genumedi Knee Support is available in the following sizes. Please measure your knee at the two following points.
1. Above the knee - Around the thigh at the point 15cm (6 inches) up the leg from the centre point of the knee cap
2. Below the knee - Around the top of the calf/shin 5cm (2 inches) down the leg below the centre point of the knee cap
|Size ||1 ||2 ||3 ||4 ||5 ||6 ||7 |
|Lower Leg Circumference (d) ||25 - 28cm ||28 - 31cm ||31 - 34cm ||34 - 37cm ||37 - 40cm ||40 - 43cm ||43 - 46cm |
Thigh Circumference (f)
|37 - 40cm ||40 - 43cm ||43 - 46cm ||46 - 49cm ||49 - 52cm ||52 - 55cm ||55 -58cm |
If any of your measurements fall on a sizing threshold, please select a larger size for comfort.
Washing Instructions for the Medi Genumedi PT Knee Support
- The Medi Genumedi PT Knee Support can be washed at 30 degrees Celsius
- Do not bleach
- Do not tumble dry
- Do not dry clean
- Do not iron
Construction of the Medi Genumedi PT Knee Support
The Medi Genumedi PT Knee Support is made of the following materials:
Contraindications for the Medi Genumedi PT Knee Support
The Medi Genumedi PT Knee Support is not suitable for the following:
- Diseases or injuries of the skin in the area of use, especially with inflammatory symptoms (excessive warming, swelling or reddening)
- Sensitivity and perfusion disorders of the legs or feet (e.g. in the case of diabetes)
- Lymph outflow disorders, as well as undiagnosed swellings of soft tissues, apart from the area of use
No general side effects are known. However, if supports (or similar aids) are too tight, local pressure effects or constriction of blood vessels or nerves may occur in individuals. If you have any of the following complaints please consult your doctor before using the brace.