Medi Genumedi Knee Support
The Medi Genumedi Knee Support is a premium quality knee support designed to provide comfortable compression and support for your knee.
The Medi Genumedi Knee Support is supplied complete with a removable patella silicone ring which is wide enough to provide maximum pressure relief by not enclosing the patella too tightly. The Medi Genumedi Knee Support is made from an elastic, breathable and moisture-transporting Clima Comfort fabric to provide extra comfort, and also features a specially knitted Comfort Zone to relieve pressure and prevent constriction at the back of the knee.
The Medi Genumedi Knee Support achieves a massage effect by using the compressive fabric and silicone insert to improve blood circulation and lead to rapid reduction of haematomas and oedemas. This seamless Medi Genumedi Knee Support is tailored to improve proprioception (bodily and muscular self awareness) and therefore improves muscular support (stabilisation of the knee) whilst giving premium comfort to the wearer.
The Medi Genumedi Knee Support features a comfortable, silicone, non-slip gripping system on the inside of the knee support that stops the garment from slipping down during use. This ensures that the Medi Genumedi Knee Support stays in the correct position to support the knee.
Features of the Medi Genumedi Knee Support
The Medi Genumedi Knee Support has the following features:
- Silicone ring enclosing the patella for extra support
- Non-slip system with textured silicone running medially (on the inside of the knee) and laterally (on the outside of the knee)
- Elastic, breathable and moisture-transporting Clima Comfort fabric
- Specially knitted Comfort Zone takes pressure off the back of the knee and prevents constriction
- Maximum pressure relief for the patella provided by the wide silicone ring
- Extra wide thigh option with topband is available
Indications for Use of the Medi Genumedi Knee Support
The Medi Genumedi Knee Support can be used for the following indications:
- Slight instability of the knee joint
- Articular effusions and swellings
- Chronic postoperative and post-traumatic inflammation
- Patellar chondropathy
- Osteoarthritis and arthritis
- Damage to the meniscus
- Patellofemoral pain syndrome
Sizing of the Medi Genumedi Knee Support
The Medi Genumedi Knee Support is available in the following sizes. Please measure your knee at the following two points:
- Above the knee - Around the thigh at the point 15cm (6 inches) up the leg from the centre point of the knee cap
- Below the knee - Around the top of the calf/shin 5cm (2 inches) down the leg below the centre point of the knee cap
|Medi UK Size ||Thigh Circumference (f) ||Lower Leg Circumference (d) |
|I ||37 - 40 cm ||25 - 28 cm |
|II ||40 - 43 cm ||28 - 31 cm |
|III ||43 - 46 cm ||31 - 34 cm |
|IV ||46- 49 cm ||34 - 37 cm |
|V ||49 - 52 cm ||37 - 40 cm |
|VI ||52 - 55 cm ||40 - 43 cm |
|VII ||55 - 58 cm ||43 - 46 cm |
If any of your measurements fall on a sizing threshold, please select a larger size for comfort.
Washing Instructions for the Medi Genumedi Knee Support
- The Medi Genumedi Knee Support can be washed at 30 degrees Celsius
- Do not bleach
- Do not tumble dry
- Do not dry clean
- Do not iron
Construction of the Medi Genumedi Knee Support
The Medi Genumedi Knee Support is made of the following materials:
Contraindications for the Medi Genumedi Knee Support
No general side effects from wearing the Medi Genumedi Knee Support are known. However, if supports (or similar aids) are too tight, local pressure effects or constriction of blood vessels or nerves may occur in individuals. If you have any of the following complaints please consult your doctor before using the Medi Genumedi Knee Support.
Do not use the Medi Genumedi Knee Support if you are suffering from the following:
- Diseases or injuries of the skin in the area of use, especially with inflammatory symptoms (excessive warming, swelling or reddening)
- Sensitivity and perfusion disorders of the legs or feet (e.g. in the case of diabetes)
- Lymph outflow disorders, as well as undiagnosed swellings of soft tissues, apart from the area of use