Hypoglycaemia Low Blood Sugar Alarm
If you have diabetes, it can be difficult to monitor your blood sugar levels. If blood sugar becomes too low, you may have a hypoglycaemia which can be detrimental to your health.
This is of particular concern during the night when you may not be awake to recognise the first warning signs of low blood sugar. This puts you at greater risk of a hypo, which can become more severe if untreated.
The Hypoglycaemia Low Blood Sugar Alarm detects the symptoms of hypoglycaemia in diabetic people. Worn on the wrist or ankle, it responds to changes in your skin and body temperature which indicate low blood sugar, and alerts you to this. This makes the alarm ideal for use at night to ensure you will be awoken when your body needs you.
How Does the Hypoglycaemia Low Blood Sugar Alarm Work?
The Hypoglycaemia Low Blood Sugar Alarm is a self contained device worn like a watch or wristband. It incorporates two sensors which come into contact with the skin on the wrist or ankle. The sensors can then respond to changes in perspiration and body temperature, two common symptoms of low blood sugar levels.
If a cold sweat is detected, a built-in vibrator and tone beeper alarm will alert you. That way you will always know when to take remedial action, even if you've been asleep.
Easy to use, the watch also keeps a record of night time alarms, allowing you to use this data to adjust insulin doses and prevent future nocturnal hypos.
Features of the Hypoglycaemia Low Blood Sugar Alarm
- Comfortable adjustable elastic strap that exerts sufficient pressure to hold the sensors firmly against the skin
- The product case is manufactured from a durable ABS material that will provide years of service life
- Easy to use
- Confirmation beeps for button operation - suitable for use by visually impaired people
- Slim and lightweight - comfortable to wear for extended periods
- Battery included - typically only needs changing twice a year
- Low battery warning tone so you won't be caught without power
- Weight: 17g
- Case size: 54mm x 34mm x 14.61mm
- Battery power: 3V Lithium CR2032 (included)
The Hypoglycaemia Low Blood Sugar Alarm is for use when sleeping. It is not designed or intended to be used as a daytime alarm and is not suitable for high blood sugar levels. When used in accordance with the instruction guide, the HSA-01 low blood sugar alarm can detect early symptoms of hypoglycaemia and reduce the likelihood of more serious complications. This product is certified in accordance with the medical directive 93/42/EEC.