Top Ten Ankle Supports from Health and Care
Thursday, 22 November 2012 | Paul
Whether you are looking for an ankle support to help you get back into sport or simply to protect your ankle during daily activities, Health and Care have got the support for you. In our Top Ten Ankle Supports you will find ankle supports to suit every budget for a range ankle injuries and conditions.
1. Aircast A60 Ankle Support – Possibly the world’s most famous ankle support. The Aircast A60 is worn by none other than Britain’s number one tennis player Andy Murray. Murray can be seen wearing the A60 on both of his ankles during matches to protect his ankles from rollover. Lightweight and low profile, the Aircast A60 Ankle Support is excellent for use during sport and for daily use. It helps to guard against ankle rollover and protect against sprains so is an ideal ankle support whether you have suffered an injury or to protect against injury.
2. Bauerfeind MalleoTrain S Ankle Support – This ankle support provides increased stability and security for the ankle whilst on the move. Use this support after an operation, following light sprains or repeated overloading. Bauerfeind supports and braces always provide an excellent fit and comfort and the MalleoTrain S ankle support is no exception. This ankle support stabilises the foot whilst not restricting mobility making it an excellent choice for use during sport.
3. Aircast Airsport Ankle Brace – Suitable for chronic ankle instability, mild sprains and prophylactic protection, the Aircast Airsport Ankle Brace is a great all-rounder. Semi-rigid aircells provide comfort and support and its ‘step-in’ design makes the Airsport quick and easy to put on.
4. Donjoy Malolax Ankle Support – If you are looking for a flexible ankle support rather than a brace the Donjoy Malolax is an excellent choice. This support is ideal for providing compression and support following an ankle injury or mild ankle and foot osteoarthritis. For added comfort the Malolax has malleolar and forefoot padding, adding to the compression of the support. This ankle support is also latex free.
5. Mueller Football Ankle Brace – This ankle brace has been specifically designed to fit comfortably into football boots. The high cut front and narrow profile bottom of the ankle brace provide more feel and great movement. This Mueller Football Ankle Brace includes sturdy plastic stays providing additional support where needed.
6. Wellgate Slim Fit Ankle Support – Designed specifically for women’s feet, the Wellgate Slim Fit Ankle Support provides support for weak, sore, sprained or injured ankles. With its slim design it can be worn comfortably under ordinary shoes and trainers whilst providing the same support as bulkier supports.
7. Silipos Gel Malleolar Ankle Cushion Pad Sleeve – The gel sleeve protects the ankle against impact pressure and rubbing. Though not a support for injuries, this Silipos Ankle Gel Sleeve protects against discomfort by ski boots, skates, cleats and other athletic footwear. Silipos gel products are made with mineral oil gels that provide cushioning protection and are also moisturising.
8. Bauerfeind CalligaLoc Ankle Brace – This is a stabilising orthosis for partial immobilisation of the ankle. This ankle brace is designed to be used as a conservative treatment for torn ligaments and after operations. The rigid Bauerfeind CalligaLoc Ankle Brace offers round-the-clock protection against unexpected and excessive strain and prevents the ankle from twisting outwards.
9. Thermoskin Arthritic Ankle Wrap – This arthritis ankle wrap is made from a heat retaining material which assists in the rehabilitation of sprains and ligament damage and also provides relief for arthritis sufferers. The Thermoskin Arthritis Ankle Wrap Support is also lightweight and breathable allowing for ventilation.
10. Aircast Air Stirrup Ankle Brace – This ankle brace has been the “standard of care” for the functional management of ankle injuries since 1978. It features a patented Duplex aircell system. These aircells provide support and produce graduated compression during ambulation. This ambulation promotes efficient oedema reduction and accelerates rehabilitation.
All of the above Ankle Supports and Brace are available at Health and Care.co.uk with free delivery.