Geemarc Amplipower 50 Amplified Telephone
The Geemarc Amplipower 50 Amplified Telephone is a simple to use telephone that has the ability to change your life for the better. We have been selling this telephone for nearly a decade, and we firmly believe that it can help you get back in touch with friends and family, and put an end to calls where you struggle to catch everything being said at the other end of the phone line.
The volume of the Geemarc Amplipower 50 Amplified Telephone is fully adjustable. An easy to use slider sets the volume, and ranges from a normal receiver volume to an ear-blasting 60db which is approximately 8 times as loud as a standard telephone. You can leave this adjustable slider where it is so there is no need to adjust the volume for every call, but it does let you turn the volume up or down depending on how loud the other person is when they are speaking to you.
Tone control also helps you adjust how the person's voice comes across to you, boosting up difficult to hear elements of speech like the letter "T" and "S" in conversation that can easily be missed if you are hard of hearing.
This amplified telephone plugs into your standard telephone socket, and requires a power socket nearby. We include all the cables and adapters you will need to get going straight out of the box.
The great thing about this telephone is how easy it is to use right away. It has a smart and simple design, and there are no activation buttons for answering a call; simply pick up the receiver and start talking. This makes it ideal for people who are used to a classic telephone, helping them make the often tricky transition to a new piece of technology straightforward - no need to constantly refer to the instructions or reteach someone how to use a telephone.
Some Quick Case Studies
Take a look at our reviews to see some really great feedback about this telephone. Here's a few quick examples of when this telephone really comes into its own:
For People Using The Telephone Themselves
- Perfect if you worry about answering the phone now that it is becoming more difficult to hear what the other person is saying
- Reconnect with friends over the telephone that you may have lost touch with as you can't hear what they are saying - this is especially important if you can't see them in person due to distance or circumstances
- Hear exactly what anyone calling you at home is saying - no need to worry about mishearing or pretending you have heard what they say
- Large buttons make it easy to call the right phone number, even with pesky arthritis
- Make appointments over the phone without mishearing the time or date
- Reduce frustrating calls with loved ones where they have to shout - talk about what matters and catch every word first time round
If You're Buying For Someone Else
- The loud ringer volume means that your friend or loved one won't miss a call - we've all had the worry of listening to the phone ring out when you know the person you are calling is definitely in the house. Avoid the panic with this telephone.
- Convey important information first time round - especially helpful for making sure someone has remembered to take their medication at the right time
- Stop frustrating conversations where you simply can't make the other person hear what you're saying - often resulting in a long car journey round to speak in person. We don't want to discourage face to face conversation at all, but sometimes a simple question or instruction can cause confusion, panic and frustration which can be avoided by just turning up the volume and hearing what you are saying.
- No need to prepare yourself (and your voice) for a loud conversation every time you call - speak at your normal volume and with ease, making every call a pleasure.
- The Geemarc Amplipower 50 is so easy to use, you will not have to keep on telling the person using the phone how to operate it. Simple sliders adjust volume and tone, and can be left in place for every call - once the person has the right volume level, there is no need of change it.
- Genuinely transform the person you are buying it for's life by giving the gift of communication - help them reconnect with friends and family, and take back control of their conversation.
Take a Closer Look
To see the Geemarc Amplipower 50 in more detail, please take a look at our video below.
Features of the Geemarc Amplipower 50
Super Loud Receiver Volume
The Geemarc Amplipower 50 is one of the loudest amplified telephone in the world, making it ideal for people with severe loss of hearing as well, not just for those who need a bit of a boost. With an enormous 60db receiver volume, voices on the other end of the line will come through loud, clear and crisp.
Normal house phones have an incoming volume of approximately 8db to 10db. With the Geemarc Amplipower 50, this is amplified by at least 6 to 8 times the normal volume, making this loud telephone ideal for those who really struggle with regular landline telephones.
A Loud And Clear Ringer
With the Amplipower 50 it is not only incoming sound that is louder – the ringing volume is also much higher than that of normal home phones. Both the receiver and ringing volumes are adjustable so that the telephone meets your individual requirements.
Large Buttons For Easy Dialling
Large buttons on the Geemarc Amplipower 50 Amplified Telephone have high contrast numbers. The size of the buttons makes it easy to dial the right number first time round, even if you have tricky arthritis. The clarity of the numbers on the buttons means you can identify the right numbers, even if your eyesight isn't 100%.
Hands Free Function
The Geemarc Amplipower 50 has a hands-free facility, allowing you to talk without the telephone handset. Please be aware that amplification will not be as high as with the telephone handset but will be higher than standard speakerphones.
Speed Dial Buttons
Pre-programmable buttons in red, green and blue at the top of the telephone mean that you can dial a number at the touch of a single button. This is great for regular calls that you make, perhaps to a neighbour or family members.
Everything You Need Is In The Box
The Geemarc Amplipower 50 Amplified Telephone plugs into both the telephone socket and a plug socket. All cables and cords are supplied in the box with the telephone, along with a clear instruction booklet with large print.
Tone Control of the Amplipower 50 Amplified Telephone
The Geemarc Amplipower 50 Amplified Telephone for the hard of hearing also features a tone control, allowing the user to adjust the tone of the conversation. This is especially important for those with high and low frequency hearing loss. Not many people realise how difficult certain sounds can be to distinguish over the telephone. As an example, users with high frequency hearing loss will find it difficult to hear the letters "T" and "S" in conversation. The Amplipower 50 can be adjusted to accommodate this problem, giving those areas of speech a real boost.
To find out about the different kinds of hearing loss click here.
Hearing Aid Compatibility
The Geemarc Amplipower 50 is compatible with all hearing aids with a telecoil facility (T-position).
A Note From The Health and Care Team
We really do love the Geemarc Amplipower 50 Amplified Telephone. It is a smart and simple telephone with some great features. The manufacturers of this telephone have thought very carefully about how to make the phone instantly useful. We have received such positive feedback from so many of our customers that we are confident about our recommendation of the Geemarc Amplipower 50 Amplified Telephone. We hope that you feel the same way.